Monday, April 4, 2011

Food Poisoning - Not Cute!

I went out to dinner with the girls on Friday, it was me, Peggy, Sparkle, and Bertha (Nicknames).
It's one of our favorite spots for Mexican, El Patio in Farmington Hills. I pronounced Pa-tee-o, they pronounce, Pat-ee-o (Tom-ay-to, To-mat-o, whatever works for you). I have been here a few times before and enjoyed it.

I ordered a Beef Fajita Taco Salad and a side of guacamole, everyone else had Chicken Taco Salad or Chicken something. The Beef Fajita Taco Salad was very tasty, a few too many green peppers, but flavor was definitely there. The guac wasn't my favorite, but it did the job. We shared a carafe of Red Sangria, they make a decent Sangria, so I enjoyed a few glasses.

A few hours later I get home and my stomach is bubbling and cramping, then it turned really ugly, I'll spare the details.  Basically, I got food poisoning and it had me up all night on Friday and all day on Saturday. I didn't feel better until Sunday morning. 

I am going to let the restaurant know that I got food poisoning, I narrowed it down to the beef because everyone else had chicken and they were fine.  You can use your own discernment, but I personally am not going to go back to this restaurant. If you do go my advice is to AVOID THE BEEF!

Pictured below is me enjoying my glass of Sangria, and so comfortable - as you can see my friend Peggy took a picture of me in my houseshoes at the restaurant. It was one of those days where I didn't care.

The food is pretty tasty for unauthentic mexican, it's something you crave if you have a "taste" for mexican. My recommendation for good mexican is any restaurant in Mexicantown.

Food Poisoning Alert - Be Aware!!!
El Patio
39241 Grand River Avenue
Farmington, MI 48335-1532

No comments:

Post a Comment