Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Restaurant Review - Ambiance

Ambiance

Since I have been working downtown Detroit for the past four years, I have made it a point to visit as many restaurants as I can.  One of the restaurants I went to this week and would like to review is Ambiance. Ambiance is located on 211 West Congress, Detroit, MI 48226.  This is approximately two blocks from my office. Ambiance is in the basement of the Bankers Trust Building, it doubles as a restaurant in the daytime and a lounge/bar after 6 p.m.

I went with two co-workers for lunch yesterday and we tried the fried catfish entree which was served with french fries, coleslaw, and texas toast.  The fish was battered in a seasoned corn meal mixture and very crispy, I did notice the portion size of the fish was considerably small.  The coleslaw needs a revamp, it was swamped with mayonnaise and lacked flavor. The french fries were tasty and the texas toast was decent.  The chef went for presentation by adding parsley and lemon and tomatoes slice for garnish to the plate. The wait staff was pleasant and the owner came out to greet guests and assist on the floor.

As far as the menu, they have appetizers including nachos, deep fried corn, cheese sticks, battered mushrooms, jalapeno poppers,etc., your basic bar food.  For lunch entrees they have burgers, po boys, catfish, tilapia, chicken wings, etc.  I would like to see dessert added to the menu, this is a must have for any restaurant. 

I would recommend this restaurant if you are looking for decent bar food. Just be aware, if you want to use your cell phones there is absolutely no signal in this restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment